Skunk Cory Hardiness?

MisterSnuffles

Im considering getting a 29 gallon Aqueon tanks soon and this is my stocking so far (See pic). Still considering other possible stockings but the Cory would stay as well as the Bamboo Shrimp. But in case my LFS doesn’t have S&P Cory Cats, I have 2 backups; Skunk Cory Cats, and Sterbai Cory Cats. Im a beginner so how hardy are Skunk Cory’s?

Attachments

• BDBA63B4-DA54-4FBC-BCCE-48F4495C2A4F.jpeg
    BDBA63B4-DA54-4FBC-BCCE-48F4495C2A4F.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 21

EdieBadedie

Im considering getting a 29 gallon Aqueon tanks soon and this is my stocking so far (See pic). Still considering other possible stockings but the Cory would stay as well as the Bamboo Shrimp. But in case my LFS doesn’t have S&P Cory Cats, I have 2 backups; Skunk Cory Cats, and Sterbai Cory Cats. Im a beginner so how hardy are Skunk Cory’s?
In my experience all corys are pretty hardy. Just make sure your water parameters are stable and they should all do just fine. I've heard skunks are a bit more sensitive to water changes (like nitrites and nitrates) but I wouldn't think it would be a big difference. I will say, my salt and pepper corys are pretty much impossible to kill. They have lived for 3 plus years, fin rot, other diseases, and still kicking.

Upvote 0

MisterSnuffles

In my experience all corys are pretty hardy. Just make sure your water parameters are stable and they should all do just fine. I've heard skunks are a bit more sensitive to water changes (like nitrites and nitrates) but I wouldn't think it would be a big difference. I will say, my salt and pepper corys are pretty much impossible to kill. They have lived for 3 plus years, fin rot, other diseases, and still kicking.
Oh wow. Those are some tough Corys. Thanks for the advice. The S&P corys should be fine with 2 Honeys right?

Upvote 0

EdieBadedie

Oh wow. Those are some tough Corys. Thanks for the advice. The S&P corys should be fine with 2 Honeys right?
For sure. Any cory with honeys will be fine.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

Don't you mean Peppered Corys?

Upvote 0

MisterSnuffles

Don't you mean Peppered Corys?
This the one Im interested in. Salt and Pepper Cory. Aka the Dainty Cory.

Attachments

• 7EC8CF14-8472-4DFC-93D6-2B75AC0F8B1C.jpeg
    7EC8CF14-8472-4DFC-93D6-2B75AC0F8B1C.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

This the one Im interested in. Salt and Pepper Cory. Aka the Dainty Cory.
That's a Salt and Pepper Cory indeed.
But I don't think these are so hardy.

Upvote 0

MisterSnuffles

I
That's a Salt and Pepper Cory indeed.
But I don't think these are so hardy.
I see. Well so far you’re actually the first to say that. 3 other people Ive asked have said that they are pretty hardy.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

I

I see. Well so far you’re actually the first to say that. 3 other people Ive asked have said that they are pretty hardy.

That's why I asked if they don't mix them up with Peppered Corys (C.paleatus).

Upvote 0

MisterSnuffles

Alright
W
Well thanks for letting me know. I might consider Kuhli Loaches as a bottom clean up crew as well. I know they can be pretty hardy.

Upvote 0

DoubleDutch

They're often called either one
But we're talking about two different species, so it is important to know which one we're talking about.
Peppereds are hardy fish and so when we'rr talking about surviving finrot and diseases I think we're talking about a different fish than C.habrosus.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mlou
Replies
Views
BenjiBear
Replies
Views
DesertDweller42