Skinny albino tiger barbs

• Thread starter TrudiLou
  • Start date

TrudiLou

Help... I currently have 5 albino tiger barbs son rescued them from a fish shop as felt sorry for them. They are extremely thin. Currently in a 12ltr hospital tank, have been for 6 weeks. Have tried aquarium salt, worming treatment, internal anti bacterial treatment and white spot. Not all together I will add. Tank parameters are
Temp=72⁰c
NO3=0
NO2=0
GH=8
KH=3
PH=7.2
CL2=0. I do daily gravel vacs and 5/10% water change due to small tank (only spare I have) can anyone help with suggestions please. All are still active and feeding well.

TrudiLou

These are best I could get pre daily tank maintenance

Attachments

jkkgron2

Well Known
They actually don’t look that bad. It seems like you’ve covered most of the diseases that could cause this so I think if you try feeding them good quality foods (maybe some frozen bloodworms to) they should perk up.

A201

Fishlore VIP
Fins look good & apparently swimming in upright position. Unless you notice stringy poop, likely no worries.
I feed my Tiger Barbs, Omega One Cichlid pellets & Cichlid flakes. Keeps them thick & healthy.

TrudiLou

Thank you. I feed them a variety of foods, frozen blood worm and daphnia, freeze dried brine shrimp and fresh out of my garden (declorinated) mosquito larvae. And once a month, I throw in some blanched veg. I have found this keeps my other 8 tanks super healthy so have stuck with this method trying to fatten these guys up.

Top Bottom