Skimz Brand Skimmers Any Good?

Mike O
Hey Guys-

I’ve been researching protein skimmers and have like Reef Octopus and Skimz. There isn’t a lot of info on Skimz and I was wondering if any of you have experience with them? Positive or negative?

ryanr
HI Mike,
I've not used the Skimz, but hopefully someone else can help today

Mike O
ryanr said:
HI Mike,
I've not used the Skimz, but hopefully someone else can help today
Thanks for the reply Ryan. Hopefully someone can give me some feedback.

Jesterrace
According to BRS they range between 4-5 stars but on each one there are fewer than 10 reviews. Are you doing HOB or in Sump?

Mike O
Jesterrace said:
According to BRS they range between 4-5 stars but on each one there are fewer than 10 reviews. Are you doing HOB or in Sump?
Sump for sure. Was looking at the trigger 36. I looked at the reviews, but there are only a few, so I wanted to ask on here

rugerjr
I have had my Skimz Monzter for well over a year with no issue. I just got the skimz biopellets reactor. Online reviewing is almost a business in itself. New companies will give away their product in exchange for a 5 star Amazon review. I'm sure existing companies will pay employees to go online and give negative reviews to competitors. BRS should really do some investigating on the reviews. I can't imagine that only 5 people want to write a negative reviews for every skimz product.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom