Six gallon journal

Discussion in 'ABCDemily' started by ABCDemily, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

Right now it's being treated for a MASSIVE infestation of fish lice.

And the sealents just started to rot.
    It's leaking out from the top :mad:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

2. prairielillyWell Known MemberMember

...time for a new tank? :;sh
    (more $$, but less :eek:)

3. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

I can't afford one right now. I'm going to France for three weeks in August, so I need to save my pennies.

I know what i will get if it does come down to it, it's an awsome 21 litre dealy:

I have the heater and a light, but I dont have £30 until my next allowance day.

I hate being 16 lol!

4. Wolfgang8810Well Known MemberMember

Im sure if you explain to your parents that you need money for a new tank they will contribute.

If not tell them a tank is cheaper than new carpet when this one leaks all over the place. :D

5. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

TRUTH! YOU SPEAK TRUTH! ;)

We do have wood floors though, which I guess isn't as bad, but I should still hint and prod my mum until she gives in lol!

6. Wolfgang8810Well Known MemberMember

Wood floors are WORSE if water gets on them. the wood will warp.

7. SharkittyWell Known MemberMember

How about this instead? If you can get it in the UK . . .

8. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

Woah! That's a brilliant deal! It'd cost me about £50 to have it shipped, and for 1.1 gallons more, and it's for a betta anyway...I might even be able to be divided ;) But I'd rather not.

Thanks for the link, it's a beautiful looking tank. Sometimes I curse being English.

9. SharkittyWell Known MemberMember

Seeing as how we seems to have plenty of "stuff" over here in the US I rarely know what shipping prices are like, no do I know if maybe magically a place has a distribution center overseas. Wishful thinking for me on your part, I suppose. :p

10. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

Aaah of course. I talked to my mum and she said, oh that's a lovely colour (about the new tank) and I'll fund towards it if I do all the washing up for a month.

New tank = YAY! I have to talk to my dad though, he's 'in charge' of these things. But I cannot see him saying no, the tanks nine years old, full of fish lice and has a UGF that doesn't work. And the fact it leaks from the top.

I'm glad I'll have the money soon :)

11. prairielillyWell Known MemberMember

:eek:

There's a lot of retailers that are pretty location-specific and their shipping fees for international ordering can be outrageous, I wish I could order from them but I can't (DrsFS, Petmountain, PetCo even...) I agree it's a super sweet tank, but I can't get it either - I once found a similar one in Petcetera here in Calgary for the 'sale' price of $85 CAD...no one else around here sells bookshelf tanks, not even the 'Canadian version' of the American retailers. Ah well...:rolleyes:

Any second-hand places around, websites (equivalent of Craigslist??)

:) just saw your most recent post...glad it's working out!

12. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

If we wish hard enough...then maybe it'll magically appear! I jest, I jest.
    That is a problem we have over here, the largest chain has a miniscule range of tanks, and the one I posted the link for is the best value for money.

$50 may be a lot for it, but I have the money and Galileo can't live in a net breeder forever :(

13. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

I've looked up and down, trailed the internet sites, this is the best offer of £30. RRP is £53.99! That's almost 100 USD.

I'm so glad that it's beginning to look up. This morning I went into school and made up the Copper Sulphate solution to kill off the lice.
    Tomorrow I'm cleaning the entire tank out, removing all gravel etc. Even if the tank isn't used any more, it'll be nice having a good sized back up plan.

All of this has to be sorted in three weeks! I have a French family coming to live with me! Two teenage boys in my room! With all my fish! Eeep!

14. prairielillyWell Known MemberMember

I know what you mean...every time I have to buy equipment I could just cringe. The last heater I bought (100W Stealth) cost me over $50, on SALE. I won't even say what I've paid for tanks...I keep telling myself, 'it's worth it to have good quality equipment that works that you don't have to worry about. Your finny babies are worth it!' My poor wallet tho ...:rolleyes:

:;rl

15. SharkittyWell Known MemberMember

30 pounds (don't know where the code for the symbol) seems like a lot for that tank. How many gallons is 21 litres? (I'll go look) . . .

16. SharkittyWell Known MemberMember

What is your postal code, Emily?

Nevermind, found it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  17. prairielillyWell Known MemberMember

'Rough' conversion is 4 L/gallon (it's actually 3.7 something, but oh well...)

All my buckets are in litres, and I measure my tank in gallons, Prime in drops per gallon...sigh...

18. SharkittyWell Known MemberMember

Have you looked on ebay or Craigslist?

19. SharkittyWell Known MemberMember

I'm totally giving myself a Geography less right now. Looks like you are only about 40 miles from London? Seems they should have some fish/pet stores with more options and no shipping . . .

20. ABCDemilyWell Known MemberMember

Well the tank is exactly 5.5 US gallons, so probably about 4 UK gallons, which is a nice size for him, IMO.