Site loading issues for anyone else?

Discussion in 'Forum Issues Log' started by aquatic, Dec 13, 2012.

1. aquatic

aquatic Valued Member Member

Anyone else have some issues with this site loading? Last night I was on my basement pc and clicking google links for this site would redirect to "....." (spaces inserted so it doesn't create a link). Thought it was kinda odd and something with my pc until it just happened while I am here at work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  2. tunastrack

tunastrack Well Known Member Member

YES! I kept getting database errors for the forum area of the site yesterday. I was able to get to the other areas of the site, just not the forums. It lasted for a couple of hours.

Something similar happened last week as well. However it was nto the same error message and the whole site was down.

3. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

Same here. I got the database message as well.

4. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Oh good! I thought I had a virus....

I get redirected to that address on the computer when navigating the site.

5. freak78

freak78 Well Known Member Member

Yep got the same thing yesterdey for a few hour's.

6. OP
    OP
    aquatic

Phew, glad to see it wasn't just me.

7. Magoo

Magoo Fishlore VIP Member

I have has an issue more than once it says the server isn't responding or tapatalk has been disconnected but usually it does sort itself out after an hour or so

8. fishynoob

fishynoob Well Known Member Member

I have had similar issues also. Different messages and some times it will let me on on one browser but not another sometimes I just can;t get on at all.

9. OP
    OP
    aquatic

I'm guessing the redirect is a hosting issue and not an underlying virus or bad coding.

10. MatildaLjungberg

MatildaLjungberg Valued Member Member

Website being redirected?

For the past couple of days with a few exceptions, everytime I try to get to this site I get redirected to this address.

Any ideas on why? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2012
  11. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Website being redirected?

You're not alone. There's another thread about the matter. I'm sure it will be rectified soon.

12. MatildaLjungberg

MatildaLjungberg Valued Member Member

Oh I'm sorry! I didn't even think to check that there might be another thread!

13. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have expereienced some issues with the site re-directing. Particularly on links to specific posts (not to a forum thread)

I cleared my browser cache, and the re-directs have stopped.

If, after clearing your cache, you still get redirected, please post the link here, and I'll see what I can find.

14. Tigress Hill

Tigress Hill Well Known Member Member

I cannot get on Fishlore via computer at all, but my phone's browser is fine:;dk

15. Gordinian

Gordinian Well Known Member Member

I just got redirected again, to the same site as above.

16. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

The forum was down yesterday.
    Other than that I haven't had any redirects or problems.

17. C

Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

I have had the same re-direct. I looked them up, google says they aren't an attack site. Does mike know about the re-directs?

18. ryanr

ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

Hi all,
    The forum is an intricate piece of work, and isolating the exact source of the problem can sometimes be difficult. I have been able to isolate what 'causes' the re-direct, and have notified Mike to identify the 'source'.

The only work arounds, are:
    a) disable Java; which means you lose quite a bit of functionality
    b) disable re-directs (Firefox allows this through the developer toolbar)

Stay tuned, I'm sure Mike will sort it out soon.

19. Disc61

Disc61 Well Known Member Member

I will be watching this thread, like Lucy i noticed the forum down yesterday for a short time but other than that have not had any issues with redirecting.

20. slashgash

slashgash Valued Member Member

I get issues like that all the time. When I get them, I go on a proxy site like ninjacloak.com and access the site through the proxy and the issues stop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice