Sir Royal Blue peacocks first bubble nest!!!

hockeyref88
Well he did it................Mr. Royal Blue made his first bubble nest!! We don't know what that means but we think its good.........He seems to be very proud of himself this morning. Its a bit of good news after the catastrophy we had in the cichlid tank last night. We lost 7 fish in our cichlids tank last night including my prize electric yellow and a beautiful catfish I had, both since the beginning........I'll explain more later on, I've got to hang our new solid walnut front doors we just got today.

Rick

Lucy
Oh wow, I'm sorry you lost so many fish.

Sir Royal Blue must be a happy betta boy.

Martinismommy
Yeah Royal! That's our little stud muffin lol

Shawnie
wow awesome!!!! I hope you got pics of this manly moment ....soooo sorry about your loss tho

chickadee
I am sorry about the losses but the little Sir Royal is a Happy Betta Boy for sure and is to be congratulated for sure. That means he likes his new home and his family. It is a "look at me I am so HAPPY" present to you and his mommy. He is going to expect to be made over and cooed over and have some attention given to the accomplishment. It is a big thing for him to do and took a lot of energy and he will expect you to give him his proper due for it. So spend some time with him and talk to him and give him some attention and tell him what a great job he did. It will make his day. And whatever you do don't break it up.

Rose

Shawnie
gosh I remember the first time rafikkI made one..I thought OMG what was put in the tank..so as a brunette moment I had, I scooped it all out thinking the tank was dirty!

COBettaCouple
Cool, congrats to Mr. Royal Blue!

hockeyref88
So Royal did this at night with the lights out while we were sleeping. Have any of you guy's seen them actually in the process of making one of these nest?

COBettaCouple
Yea, our only bubble nester was our first Betta, Super Mario. He was always building nests so we saw him building nests often. Our wild MahachaI Betta also build a nest when the MahachaI pair bred.

hockeyref88
Yea, our only bubble nester was our first Betta, Super Mario. He was always building nests so we saw him building nests often. Our wild MahachaI Betta also build a nest when the MahachaI pair bred.

So what's the deal?? They actually blow a bubble out of they're mouth? and then another and another just like that?

COBettaCouple

There are some examples of bubble nesting. You can see how they go to the surface and make a bubble of air, move to the nest and release the bubble.

ThisGuy
I like it it keeps my betta happy working on this gigantic bubble nest that I destroy when I clean out his tank on Mondays. Its like he has a hobby and he builds them so fast.

hockeyref88
Thanks that is the coolist looking thing. My wife will dig seeing that.

MinxMermaid
Excuse me Hockey Ref, its SIR Royal Blue, not MR. Royal Blue. geesh....

he's always gettin his name mixed up, like Sir Peacock Royal Blue, or Royal Britton Peacock, sumpin, sumpin...

just to clarify....its Sir Royal Blue Peacock Britton!!

and it is a lovely double bubble nest!!!

Martinismommy
So Royal did this at night with the lights out while we were sleeping. Have any of you guy's seen them actually in the process of making one of these nest?

chickadee
some people cut a styrofoam cup in half and float it in the tank upside down with the open side down so that gives them something to build in so the nest will not be disturbed. But this is generally when they are planning on letting them breed. In the size tank that you have Sir Royal in and with your set up this would not be a wise decision. But if you want to give him something to be able to build in so as not to disturb the nest for a few days you could try the cup idea and see if he will build inside of it. Some bettas get a favorite spot and won't build anywhere else and some of them build one time and then never again so you may want to do a picture of it if you can.

It is a cool thing though as some bettas never do make them.

Rose

COBettaCouple
I love them bubble nesting! ;D

hockeyref88
Yeah we loved it too................He really is starting to show his little personality. I was a little worried today as it is extremely hot here and his tank got up to 85. The heater has been off for a few days. I didn't want to do a water change as I just took out the cycled media I had in it to see if it was good to go on its own. Do you think he will be ok at that temp or should I do a water change?

COBettaCouple
He'll be ok, but it's not good to stay at that for long really. You could try floating ice cubes in sealed freezer bags to help.

hockeyref88
He'll be ok, but it's not good to stay at that for long really. You could try floating ice cubes in sealed freezer bags to help.

Good idea Thanks................Hey one more question (yeah like that will be the last one) I divided those 2 bookshelf tanks. The dividers are clear with little wholes in them. Actually worked out real good. I bought 10 gal dividers from petsmart and modified them. So my question is I pretty much have to put male and female in the same tank right. I can't put 2 males together cause they could see each other. Right??

COBettaCouple
They do see each other but not clearly, so it's a matter of personalities if they do well in a divided tank. It usually works out, but it's always good to have a backup plan.

hockeyref88
They do see each other but not clearly, so it's a matter of personalities if they do well in a divided tank. It usually works out, but it's always good to have a backup plan.

Thanks for your help as always.

COBettaCouple
Glad to help. Will be looking forward to the pics of your next Betta.

Martinismommy
This is proof positive that Betta fish ARE addicting! Who in their wildest dreams would have thought Rick would be dividing bookshelf tanks and asking about keeping boys and girls together lololololol.....

I am so happy you guys have joined our wonderful family! The "Betta crazy" family!

MinxMermaid
Royal made ANOTHER Bubble nest last nite!!! I don't think he's done with it yet, I'll try to take a pic tonite.

Fishies-for-me
You could also try placing plants/ornaments against the divider if you do have prblems which would help camouflage the other side...good luck.

hockeyref88
This is proof positive that Betta fish ARE addicting! Who in their wildest dreams would have thought Rick would be dividing bookshelf tanks and asking about keeping boys and girls together lololololol.....

I am so happy you guys have joined our wonderful family! The "Betta crazy" family!

I must be completely nuts.......But we are on our way to 4 more of these little dudes or dudetes........... If my wife had her way we'd save them all....

Martinismommy
I must be completely nuts.......But we are on our way to 4 more of these little dudes or dudetes........... If my wife had her way we'd save them all....

OMG Rick! 4 more!!!!!!!!!!!! This has me smiling beyond belief! I can't wait to see the "Chosen ones"

MinxMermaid
OMG Rick! 4 more!!!!!!!!!!!! This has me smiling beyond belief! I can't wait to see the "Chosen ones"

the dilemma in choosing is that one LFS, TORTURES them in little cups with NO LID and the water evaporates and they're filthy, and sitting in 1-2" of DIRTY water.

they look SOOOOO sad. but I can tell they could be beautiful with some care and love and he has the colors I want. I want to rescue them, but I hate rewarding someone with business who treats them so bad, even after I got into it with him about his neglect.

the other LFS's have them pretty and clean and well kept. still in cups, but clean and cool.

so, I can't decide where to get them from.....

COBettaCouple
We've gotten bettas from Deathco, from breeders, from ThaI breeders and really found that once they get into a good home with love & care & proper conditions, they all seem as happy.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kaitym
Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
chickadee
Replies
Views