Sinking pellet stuck in fish mouth

Dillan Murphy

I feed sinking pellets to my Corydoras and my fish are greedy and eat a lot of the pellets. Well my biggest turquoise rainbowfish can fit them in its mouth but can't consume it whole. He tried to shallow the whole pellet now it stuck in its mouth. I cant see the pellet its so far in it mouth so I can't just pull it out

I now have 2 turquoise rainbowfish with pellets stuck in their mouths

Attachments

• 20201106_192606.jpg
    20201106_192606.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201106_192556.jpg
    20201106_192556.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 27

A201

The pellets should soften up in short order & begin to dissolve.
You might try Omega One Mini pellets.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

My Cardinal tetras eat the big Cichlids pellets and their mouths are huge and weird looking but they are ok. I think like A201 said they soften and they eat it.

Upvote 0

CTYankee79

My rasboras do the same thing. I thought one of them had fungus around his mouth today and it was just one of those pellets.

Upvote 0

jaysurf7

I agree also it should soften up soon.A have a silver dollar that always tries to eat the pellets I put in,sometimes he will have 2 in its mouth and still try to eat another it'll swim fast with them in its mouth while its getting softer,dont think I ever knew a fish to choke on food as far as I know. A lot of fish will keep it in there mouths to make sure no other fish try to steal it.

Upvote 0

solarblue

This happened with my zebra danio before, after an hour or so the pellets disolved enough so they could eat and my fish was just fine. I switched to Hikari micro pellets as they were pretty young fish at the time.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

My Red/Blue Columbian Tetra does this with Shrimp pellets. He will hold one in his mouth as it slowly dissolves. He will spit it out part way and suck it right back in. It takes him a while but he keeps at it until it is gone.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
cichlidL
  • Question
Replies
Views
WrenFeenix