Sinking Pellet Recommendations For Mystery Snails

ladyrivermouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have two juvenile mystery snails in my tank right now why are still getting used to tank life, they just discovered cucumbers and squish. I've been making snail jello for them, but I think they need a little more in their diet? I read in the care guide and a lot of people have recommended to me that I should be using sinking meat based pellets for them as well.
Are there any recommendations as to types, brands, or nutritional values I should be looking for?

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have the "Wardley shrimp pellets" i dont know if the brand is good as i got it a year ago when i was barely educated on fish keeping. But my zebra snails snack on it, well when they have a chance before the blue gourami blob swims by in a flash and steals it...

ladyrivermouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
10000 Snails said:
Snail jello? Do tell!
I've seen it also referred to as "snello" and it's awesome for little juveniles or snails that are only used to the little brick feeder things that they usually get in pet stores.
It's basically little blocks of jello made from gelliten, baby food, crushed algae wafers or fish food.You can customize it and change the recipes to fit your snails needs too.
I started my little snails on them when I first got them because they didnt seem like they knew that the veggies I was leaving in the tank were actually edible.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom