Sinking Driftwood?

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
How......on earth.......do you......sink......DRIFTWOOD!!!!!!

Ok, sorry for that little out-burst, but how on earth do you sink driftwood? Aslo, how to you find driftwood, on the edge of a river/lake, without breaking your bank, spending $20+ on a price of driftwood, at you LFS?

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
A good chunk of mopanI is $8 at PetSmart, price match the online price, and it sinks immediately
What type of wood do you have?

OP
PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Rtessy said:
A good chunk of mopanI is $8 at PetSmart, price match the online price, and it sinks immediately
What type of wood do you have?
Cedar, pine, oak, etc.

Quentin

Reaction score
I’ve got 3 pieces in mine, I boil all of them once a night for a week or two and that gets em to sink eventually

They’re also soaking in water the entire week as well

OP
PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I was hoping for a Quik sink, is that not possible? I mean, I’ve heard of peopl super gluing rocks to driftwood, and then burying the rock in the sand, so that it gets water logged, while remaining in the tank. Is super glue safe for aquarium use?

Quentin

Reaction score
Iron wood and MopanI wood sink almost instantly if you’re looking for a quick sink. I’ve never used superglue in a tank but I’ve heard of people drilling holes in a large piece of slate and screwing the wood onto that

OP
PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Does anyone know I superglue is safe? I wanted to get some Java Fern , to put on the driftwood, it does grow better on driftwood/rocks, than in subtrait, am I right?

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Super glue is safe for aquarium. Any glue that is just cyanoacrylate is safe. Many people use it to attach plants on things.

OP
PheonixKingZ

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Repolie said:
Super glue is safe for aquarium. Any glue that is just cyanoacrylate is safe. Many people use it to attach plants on things.
Good!! I just wondered if the specific brand “Krazy Gule” is safe? How does this sound, maybe get a nice piece if drift wood from outside, after I clean it, super glue it to a rock, and then bury the rock, under the gravel, so that it it looks like it is sunk, but it is actually attached to the rock! Sound good?

Repolie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
PheonixKingZ said:
Good!! I just wondered if the specific brand “Krazy Gule” is safe? How does this sound, maybe get a nice piece if drift wood from outside, after I clean it, super glue it to a rock, and then bury the rock, under the gravel, so that it it looks like it is sunk, but it is actually attached to the rock! Sound good?
Most super glues are fine to use if the ingredient is cyanoacrylate.

Annie59

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I just set a brick on them .I don't know about using pine in an aquarium...I wouldn't. And yes super glue is safe, I use it.

New Threads