Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Sinking Driftwood?

Discussion in 'Driftwood' started by Katie13, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

How can I get driftwood to sink faster? So far I've tried attaching the weights that you put on plants on it, but it's not done much of anything. I used 4. Any ideas to get it to sink?

2. Platylover Fishlore VIP Member

Boiling typically helps to make it sink a bit quicker. If not that, just wait a few weeks.

3. abarb Well Known Member Member

Glue a rock on it if you are impatient. If not then do what Platylover said.

4. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I think I’m going to try boiling it tomorrow. It’s barely sticking up out of the water right now, so hopefully that will do the trick!

5. abarb Well Known Member Member

Try to get it in the tank as soon as you can so it doesn’t fill with air. Are there fish in your tank yet

6. Katie13 Fishlore VIP Member

I just did this tank. It’s going to be home to a breeding pair of BN Plecos.

7. abarb Well Known Member Member

Should be fine to put the boiling driftwood in the tank then.

8. CoryB Valued Member Member

if you can fit most of it in a pot, try boiling for a few hours. i had to rotate mine within the pot a few times. I then weighed mine down in the tank with rocks for 4 days. seems wood might need to be fully submerged. After the 4th day mine fully sunk and has stayed down since. Those first few days there was nothing else I could do to get that thing to not float.