Single Fish (or Distinguishable Fish) For 10g Other Than Betta?

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
After what felt like an eternal wait I finally have my 20G fully establishedand stocked. I have kuhlis, ember tetras, and a betta, and it’s a fantastic little setup. Now that I’m booting up my 10G though, I’m not sure what I want in it. I was thinking a betta initially, but I already have one in my 10G and thought something else would be fun.

Right now I’m really considering ADFs because I love frogs, but I’m not totally sold on that idea yet. Are there any single fish (or possibly two or three fish that would be easy to tell apart) that can go in a 10 other than a betta?

all-out-fallout

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
scarface said:
A few Honey Gouramies or a single Paradise fish.
Hmm... this gives me an interesting idea...
Do you think I could get away with swapping the betta and the honey gouramis? I’d put the betta in my 10G and the honeys in my 20G long. Currently it’s inhabited by seven kuhli loaches and twelve ember tetras.

aussieJJDude said:
Dwarf puffer?

Edit: sparkling gourami school? Dario dario....? Wild betta species?

Potentually shell dweller tank?
Dario dario are one of my favorites. I’m a little intimidated by the prospect of feeding live food since I’m new to fish, but the more I think about those little guys the more appealing they become.

scarface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
all-out-fallout said:
Hmm... this gives me an interesting idea...
Do you think I could get away with swapping the betta and the honey gouramis? I’d put the betta in my 10G and the honeys in my 20G long. Currently it’s inhabited by seven kuhli loaches and twelve ember tetras.

Dario dario are one of my favorites. I’m a little intimidated by the prospect of feeding live food since I’m new to fish, but the more I think about those little guys the more appealing they become.
You can! I keep my two Honeys with a school of Ember Tetras, and they all get along great. Take a look.
3A095D21-DFDD-44D9-8B8C-A0984C6BE1BC.jpeg

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom