Single Fish For 10g Planted Aquarium

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by mclemente06, Jul 18, 2017.

1. mclemente06

mclemente06Valued MemberMember

Hello everyone,

I have been planning a 10 gallon planted tank for a little while now, and I will be buying it very soon. Only one problem: I have no idea what I'm gonna stock it with.

I want a single fish in there, so I can focus on just one fish and the plants. I also don't want it to be too overcrowded with fish. I was thinking a dwarf gourami, but I heard they don't do good on their own. I already have a betta, I don't really care to get another. Does anyone have any suggestions? My water has a 7.6 ph, so I need a fish that's ok in alkaline water, too.

2. vikingkirken

vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

3. DHIWZ

DHIWZValued MemberMember

4. OP
    OP
    mclemente06

There's only 2 and they're both Gouramis that like acidic water :(
    I'll probably just go with one dwarf puffer.

5. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Just to note that the dwarf gourami need a bigger tank, so it's not an option. They do good on their own though. As noted above a dwarf puffer would work.

6. OP
    OP
    mclemente06

Ok. What do you think would be the minimum tank size to keep one?

7. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeperFishlore VIPMember

Around 20 gallons.

8. BottomDweller

BottomDwellerFishlore VIPMember

Peacock goby maybe?

9. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

No, there's more than just that, do the same thing except do 'up to 1' instead of 'up to one'.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice