Single Angelfish?

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by TreBall13, Aug 2, 2014.

1. TreBall13

TreBall13 New Member Member

I have a breeding pair of German blue rams that I'm seriously considering taking out of my community tank and putting them in a tank by themselves. I've wanted angelfish for a long time so I think I'd replace the rams with a single angelfish for my centerpiece. My tank probably couldn't take on 2 angels. Would it be ok by itself in a community setting?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

What size is the tank and what else is in there now?

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Angelfish are (social) shoaling fish so I defo wouldn't keep one !!!

4. cichlidman

cichlidman Well Known Member Member

Angels are just fine alone . They actually can become quite territorial . I just wouldnt keep a angel in any tank less than 29 gallons

5. OP
    OP
    TreBall13

TreBall13 New Member Member

I have a 30 gallon tank with 4 dwarf neon rainbowfish, 7 neon tetras, and a bristlenose pleco.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

6. safzola

safzola Well Known Member Member

This was a question that we asked when we first started Angels,,,,we were told that they are no good alone,,we had two in a 64L tank a while ago,but when we give one of them to my brother,the one we had left stopped eating, at the time we thought nothing of it,but it died a while later,,now I don`t know if this was due to the fact it was separated from it`s " friend " or just something else,but I know one thing,,,we will never keep just one Angelfish in a tank.........

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice