Single Angelfish in a 20gallon TALL tank?

BoredAquarist

I have a 6 year old Angelfish. He used to be in a 75gal but now 29gal. The 29gal is heavily planted so he looks cramped and uncomfy sometimes. The problem is that I can only get one more tank it's no more than a 20gal. Will he be fine by himself in a 20gal (specifically TALL version)?

20210725_181501.jpg

SouthAmericanCichlids

I would say no. Angels can get to a foot in height, and that would leave (In a 20 high) 2 inches above and 2 below them. He would just be too cramped (29g aren't optimal either, I believe they have the same height don't they?). What is keeping you from putting him in the 75g?

Upvote 0

BoredAquarist

I would say no. Angels can get to a foot in height, and that would leave (In a 20 high) 2 inches above and 2 below them. He would just be too cramped (29g aren't optimal either, I believe they have the same height don't they?). What is keeping you from putting him in the 75g?
My angel is not the wild variant and he's been 6inch for years now, so I dont believe he will get bigger anytime soon. I downgraded because of space.
Yes the 29gal and 20gal tall have thr same height, but the 20 is shorter in length.

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

My angel is not the wild variant and he's been 6inch for years now, so I dont believe he will get bigger anytime soon. I downgraded because of space.
The wild variety is just a coloration. Angels will get to different full sizes, kind of like discus. Though angels do like company but you would only have room for their territories in your 75g, but as he is full grown, the juveniles as they grow may get beat up. So I will just base off of you only having 1 angel.

Could you post a pic of your tank? It depends how heavily planted it is to see if it would benefit from being moved. As they have the same height, the only determining factor would be available swimming space. Does your angel swim through the plants at all?

Upvote 0

BoredAquarist

Yes he's able to swim through the plants because my plants are not growing tall at the moment.

20210725_183839.jpg

Upvote 0

SouthAmericanCichlids

If you could separate the floaters to the corners that would be optimal, but I think he would be better off in there than in a 20 high.

Upvote 0

BoredAquarist

I think the same. I'll refrain from getting the 20 for now. Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade soon. Wouldn't wanna leave him in the 29 forever. Thank you a lot for your help!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
HummingbirdNSabath
Replies
Views
Miss
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777
Replies