Singing voices

SouthAmericanCichlids

Hey I was just wondering. So I used to be a 1st soprano (Like higher than most of the other sopranos in my choir). I am a guy and my voice is dropping, I was wondering if you are a soprano as a child if you are more likely to be a tenor when you're voice drops. Just wondering, also any help in the range of a tenor (I guess in terms of a treble clef, because rn that is easier for me to understand, though I will learn the bass clef over time.) And help is much appreciated. Also any other choir folks?

Betta'sAnonymous

Not sure your range as a child is any indication afyer your voice drops. Might end up with a bass like the guy from the Statler Brothers or The Oakridge Boys! Listen to the song "Elvira" to see what i mean.

ghostdawg

When I was in the 5th grade some friends and I formed a singing group. My voice was more falsetto tenor. By the time I reached 7th grade, I was more falsetto baritone, then in high school, my voice was baritone. Once I reached early 20s, it became more baritone bass. Now I would say i'm more of a bass singer!

A lot people say I sound like Barry White listening to me talk! Go figure. Our voices change as we grow & age.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Also one other question, regardless of childhood voice, what is the most likely vocal range, bass baritone tenor or countertenor? Are there any ways to tell before it happens?

Fanatic

I can do almost every vocal range, with soprano being a bit iffy in certain situations. I love to sing, it's something I really enjoy but rarely do around anyone.

SouthAmericanCichlids

Fanatic said:
I can do almost every vocal range, with soprano being a bit iffy in certain situations. I love to sing, it's something I really enjoy but rarely do around anyone.
You can sing Bass and Alto?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom