Simple question how often should I feed ghost shrimp

King_Snuggles

I have 4 ghost shrimp in a 6 gal with a Betta. They ate an entire algy wafer in a day should I give them another or wait a day? I catch the Betta munching on that as well.

Cody

well if you feed you betta flake food. the stuff your betta won't eat will go to the bottom of the tank..and ghost shrimp are scavangers like most of the freshwater shrimp you will find in stores..so they pretty much will eat the leftovers on the bottom of the tank. you could give them an algae waffer everyother day or so..fish don't need to be fed everyday they could go a couple days and be fine so as long as you know there eating the waffers when you put them in and picking up left overs the should be fine..what you could do also is get some sinking pellets and they will pick them up and nibbble on the them.. I have some for my corys that my shrimp like to eat..there omega one shrimp pellets..but not cuase there for shrimp I think its cuaes there made out of shrimp..I wonder if the shrimp know that..the sinking pellets would be good to make sure there getting a varied diet. I told yo way more then you need to know but oh well. basicaly just make sure there getting some food at least every other day. do you know about the whole molting process and everything. I know that shocked me at first.
ask more if you need to

King_Snuggles

Will do

Cody

I have a hard time finding ghost shirmp now some many people them as feeders..if yo uodnt get there when they come in you proubably won't get any..there cheap and cool thoguh so I like them

King_Snuggles

The bigest of my four shripm just molted. I hav only had them for 3 days! Is that normal? besides that everyone is eating and just being happy. I think I might go out tomorow and see if the LFS has anything weird and small to add to my tank. No snails maby a bambo shrimp.

Cody

bamboo shrimp get bigger around 3 inches. smaller shrimp don't effect the bio load really so after you got one bamboo .you would be fully stocked.

they normally will molt about about once a month maybe even more often.. depending on how fast they grow

King_Snuggles

well if not a bamboo shrimp what is another cool little critter? Most likley I will get nothing, I'm happy with what I have.

King_Snuggles

Another question, What does the arching back behavior mean? Nothing is around him/her it just doing it.

tkfury

I've fond that my shrimp tend to molt at least once a week now - and its just two of them in there. As for the arching of the back, I've seen mine do that a few times but it looks like they're just stretching but I honestly don't know. Mine always arch their back then swim a few laps around the tank before settling down back in the cave or ontop of some plants.

KittieKat

my ghost shrimps like just about anything... I like to feed my bettas a mix of flake, pellet, and live black worms so when I toss some black worms in the shrimp try to shove as many as they can in their tiny mouths... not to mention when I toss a couple flakes in, the bettas and the shrimps play tug-o-war with them.. really is a cute sight

King_Snuggles

Another shrimp just did the back arching thing, but this time he was right up against the front of the glass. He was cleaning his back. His little leggs would scrape all over his back then he would clean his leg.

Cody

as far as I know the arching of the back means there's getting ready to molt and there starting to shed there skin

Latest threads

Top Bottom