Question Silver Shark hardiness

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
They are fairly hardy, presuming they're given the proper conditions. If you're looking at adding them to your 29g, you won't find them to be hardy at all. They will be stressed by the too-small swimming space and either ram themselves into the walls or attempt to jump out through the top and either succeed or injure themselves when they slam against the lid.

If you've got a huge (6ft long or more) tank that you're cycling for them, you should be able to add them once the tank is fully cycled.

OP
Jrobber

Jrobber

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
And that is why I started looking here rather than listening to the fish store. Within a week, my silver shark had died in my 29 gallon tank, even though the worker said it would be perfectly fine in my tank.

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Jrobber said:
And that is why I started looking here rather than listening to the fish store. Within a week, my silver shark had died in my 29 gallon tank, even though the worker said it would be perfectly fine in my tank.
Yeah. I was once told a koI would be okay in a 20 gallon tropical tank. It amazes me how little the folks at the pet stores can know. Don't get me wrong, some of them are truly experienced in the field, but so many of them don't really know anything about keeping fish.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom