Silver Dollars.....poor Man Discus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy305mia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I have been considering my next build, I like the idea of stocking 5-6 silver dollars in a 55 gallon tank. They always remind me of discus, like the albino version. I know they are different species but just wonder what others think. Leaning towards discus since they are cheaper than they once were and easier to keep as well. Thoughts???

OP
andy305mia

andy305mia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Can't have a school of severum in a 55 Cool fish, I'm gonna go with Discus, i have see them as low as $40 a fish on Liveaquaria. For something that I plan on keeping for many years, I personally think its worth the investment. I'd probably go with 6 in case in case I lose a fish so they can still be in numbers. I paid $40 for a King Kong Blood Parrot I have now, it's awesome discus are affordable now and captive bred.

Coptapia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can't have a school of severum in a 55 Cool fish, I'm gonna go with Discus, i have see them as low as $40 a fish on Liveaquaria. For something that I plan on keeping for many years, I personally think its worth the investment. I'd probably go with 6 in case in case I lose a fish so they can still be in numbers. I paid $40 for a King Kong Blood Parrot I have now, it's awesome discus are affordable now and captive bred.
Why buy them unseen?
If you think they’re worth the investment, don’t touch them for $40 through the mail. Pay proper money for proper fish, from a breeder. Otherwise you’re just asking for trouble, with discus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom