Silver Dollar Issues

Discussion in 'Silver Dollar Fish' started by Donnyb1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Donnyb1

Donnyb1New MemberMember

So I bought a couple silver dollars from a pet store and one eventually had ick. The four silver dollars that I previously had we're absolutely fine doing great growing well and then I added two more with the ick. So now I have this white mouth around two of my silver dollars and as you see in the picture of a little spot of ick. I I've been treating for the past 2 or 3 weeks and it is still not gone with higher temperature salt and some fungal chemical from a p i can't remember the name question is how long does this take to possibly see a good recovery

Attached Files:

2. A201

A201Well Known MemberMember

IMO, The white discoloration on the mouth of your SD is Columnaris (bacterial infection). The SD evidently had a weakened immune system, which allowed the bacteria to take hold. You need to pick up an antibiotic med asap. Failing to do so
    will at the very least result in the SD'S mouth rotting off, leaving a gaping hole, or death. Hope things get better soon.

3. OP
    OP
    Donnyb1

Donnyb1New MemberMember

Ok treating it now. Now ick is starting to take back over.... spots are now showing on eyes and body....