Question Silly ID Challenge

Miamifishhyes

Reaction score
Hey guys! How is everyone doing?

I named this post silly ID challenge because maybe for you guys your know exactly what this is but I'm not quite sure

For my research I can assume this is some type of bristle segmented worm, but that is super generic.

I picked up this bad boy from the ocean, and there are still some living things inside.

Are you guys able to tell me if they made a white stuff around the wood? Or if they were just able to find holes and decided to live inside.

Anyways I'm just interested in any information I can get their,. Like the scientific name, if they're good or bad. What is their role in life, if they prefer cats or dogs, or dramas vs comedies, ya know, normal stuff like that .

thank you in advance for everyone that replies and I hope everybody stays safe and healthy

Attachments

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Miamifishhyes said:
Hey guys! How is everyone doing?

I named this post silly ID challenge because maybe for you guys your know exactly what this is but I'm not quite sure

For my research I can assume this is some type of bristle segmented worm, but that is super generic.

I picked up this bad boy from the ocean, and there are still some living things inside.

Are you guys able to tell me if they made a white stuff around the wood? Or if they were just able to find holes and decided to live inside.

Anyways I'm just interested in any information I can get their,. Like the scientific name, if they're good or bad. What is their role in life, if they prefer cats or dogs, or dramas vs comedies, ya know, normal stuff like that .

thank you in advance for everyone that replies and I hope everybody stays safe and healthy
Hello!

1. The white stuff looks like some sponge, not harmful. But it will probably die in your tank sooner or later.

2. Looks like some Aiptasia and maybe a spaghetti worm? Aiptasia just seems to overrun people's tanks so they have fish to deal with it or use something to kill it. Spaghetti worms seem to be good sand sifters so if you want to keep it you can.

3. I think that also looks like a bristoleworm.

So here you go:

Sponge = These usually filter feed from the food and nutrients left in the water column, these are harmless unless you want corals. This is because they can grow over them but it would be pretty slow, so basically you can keep it or leave it. Not bad at all.

Aiptasia = Not good, bad for corals because of their sting. They can easily overtake a tank and they are hard to get rid of. I would use a filefish or manually remove it before it gets too much.

Spaghetti worms = Good, these usually spend their time sand sifting and eating left overs and excess nutrients. These are consider good to have, they also use their tentacles to get food when they are hungry.

I assume you did the research for the bristoleworm though. :)

You will have to see what others say but I think for the most part I got it.

New Threads