Silly fish

TWiG87

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,354
Reaction score
2,229
Location
NJ
Experience
5 to 10 years
Little hogs, mine do the same thing
 

Gel0city

Well Known
Member
Messages
712
Reaction score
738
Experience
3 years
My fish just peck at the food until it breaks lol. Then they attack it like crazy :D
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #7
OP
UnknownUser

UnknownUser

Well Known
Member
Messages
966
Reaction score
625
Experience
Just started
MacZ said:
Like my tetras stealing away the food for the cories before they even got it.
ALL the time! My corys are finally getting a backbone sort of and will shove my platy away but she does her best to steal their food! I have to break the sinking pellet up into 3 pieces and pre-soak it so it can be in multiple places in the tank so they have a chance LOL
 

flyinGourami

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
2,926
Location
My house
Experience
Just started
MacZ said:
Like my tetras stealing away the food for the cories before they even got it.
Oh my god I cannot explain how relatable this is. Literally all my fish eat the food no matter what. Like even if they are sleeping they will probably wake up just to get the food i'm not even joking when I say they are obsessed with food. Also, once my neon tetra ate a piece of egg that was the size of its head.... oops.
 

MacZ

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
2,534
Location
Central Europe
Experience
More than 10 years
I fed presoaked freeze-dried tubifex today...
In the end one of the cardinals looked like a hatchetfish in profile. They really get fatter and fatter. Only sometimes it works to feed them something on the one end of the tank and simultaneously dropping a tablet in at the other end.

Bloody mini-piranha... They even pick from the floor now too.
 

flyinGourami

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
2,926
Location
My house
Experience
Just started
MacZ said:
I fed presoaked freeze-dried tubifex today...
In the end one of the cardinals looked like a hatchetfish in profile. They really get fatter and fatter. Only sometimes it works to feed them something on the one end of the tank and simultaneously dropping a tablet in at the other end.

Bloody mini-piranha... They even pick from the floor now too.
This is kinda random but I've seen multiple threads on how neons only eat from the middle of the tank, won't touch the surface or bottom. NOT TRUE. Well, for me at least. Once they tasted the food that I gave them, they ate from everywhere. The surface, the bottom, the middle of the tank, they also search for food just like my corydoras; sometimes I can get them to jump to get their food!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11
OP
UnknownUser

UnknownUser

Well Known
Member
Messages
966
Reaction score
625
Experience
Just started
bgntoc said:
Oh my god I cannot explain how relatable this is. Literally all my fish eat the food no matter what. Like even if they are sleeping they will probably wake up just to get the food i'm not even joking when I say they are obsessed with food. Also, once my neon tetra ate a piece of egg that was the size of its head.... oops.
Omg yes I tried the “feed the corys at night” trick and my fish WOKE UP and immediately ate the food! They can smell it!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #12
OP
UnknownUser

UnknownUser

Well Known
Member
Messages
966
Reaction score
625
Experience
Just started
bgntoc said:
This is kinda random but I've seen multiple threads on how neons only eat from the middle of the tank, won't touch the surface or bottom. NOT TRUE. Well, for me at least. Once they tasted the food that I gave them, they ate from everywhere. The surface, the bottom, the middle of the tank, they also search for food just like my corydoras; sometimes I can get them to jump to get their food!
My harlequins only ate from the top for like, a day. Now even these little teeny fish are at the sinking pellets on the bottom of the tank stealing it away! ... AFTER eating their own food of course.
 

flyinGourami

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
2,926
Location
My house
Experience
Just started
LivebearerMom said:
Omg yes I tried the “feed the corys at night” trick and my fish WOKE UP and immediately ate the food! They can smell it!
ikr! Like literally I get that fish have nostrils but like dude you guys are supposed to be sleeping. And if the food ever hits the bottom the neons and guppies will go down there to steal the food lol it is crazy.
 

flyinGourami

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,375
Reaction score
2,926
Location
My house
Experience
Just started
LivebearerMom said:
My harlequins only ate from the top for like, a day. Now even these little teeny fish are at the sinking pellets on the bottom of the tank stealing it away! ... AFTER eating their own food of course.
Yeah my fish will eat from anywhere. My guppies have eaten rotting pellets before.... The neons didn't know the pellets were food, but they saw my guppies eat them and a brave one tried one. Basically now they eat faster than the guppies lol. Sometimes the neons will steal food from the other fish and their tummies will bulge out in like a v shape.
 

MacZ

Well Known
Member
Messages
2,506
Reaction score
2,534
Location
Central Europe
Experience
More than 10 years
Right now with the lockdown situation I'm basically out of most foods. I only got meaty tablets, fd tubifex, fd daphnia and I think two cubes of frozen bloodworms left. The dry stuff will last some time, but the bloodworms I won't feed in a while. The cardinals would burst.
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
180
Guests online
2,509
Total visitors
2,689

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom