Silicone Wait Times?

jsmith1712

Reaction score
Hello! I recently got a 30gal hexagonal aquarium, Well it had a small leak in one of the panes right near a silicone seal, this is about halfway down and is just below where my filer intake will reach to. It is only a small crack but it still had to be fixed, I have fish in the tank and Im wondering how long do you think it will take to cure and for me to be able to fill it back up?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jsmith1712 said:
Hello! I recently got a 30gal hexagonal aquarium, Well it had a small leak in one of the panes right near a silicone seal, this is about halfway down and is just below where my filer intake will reach to. It is only a small crack but it still had to be fixed, I have fish in the tank and Im wondering how long do you think it will take to cure and for me to be able to fill it back up?
I've never used silicone for a tank, but I've done it a few times with bathtub edges. The silicone is supposed to lose its tackiness and be waterproof (as far as water just touching it goes) but I believe the full cure time is 24 hours. It usually tells you these time frames on the silicone tubes.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom