How Do I Silicone Plastic To Glass?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzanne2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Will the silicone stick to both materials?

I'm curious has anyone used plastic sheets to create a shelf (or divider...) inside a glass aquarium?

I'm looking to use a plastic sheet (from cheap picture poster frame) to create a shelf a couple inches bellow the water surface for my crayfish to hang out on. She likes spending time near the surface at night.

Currently I have a plastic basket suction cupped to the side for her but it's not the prettiest looking thing.

Any info will be much appreciated!

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It will hold for a while .If you rough up the plastic with sandpaper maybe longer .
Super glue gel might work.
The easiest idea really would be to support the plastic with airline suction cups .
th?id=OIP.jpg

OP
Suzanne2

Suzanne2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
It will hold for a while .If you rough up the plastic with sandpaper maybe longer .
Super glue gel might work.
The easiest idea really would be to support the plastic with airline suction cups .
th?id=OIP.jpg
I hadn't thought about supporting it with airline suction cups, I'll have to see what it would look like. The basket i have now has HUGE suction cups! It was made for using in a shower. But airline ones are pretty small, they may look ok. Thanks

OP
Suzanne2

Suzanne2

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I found this video where a guy tests different silicone brands on acrylic it's kinda interesting
Now I'm off to search for my extra airline suction cups (I know I have them somewhere). If that doesn't work I'll be trying the silicone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 76 66.7%

Top Bottom