1. Amazon Prime Day!
    Attention Amazon Prime Members: Not to miss deals on lots of products for 36 hours starting July 15!
    Go here: Amazon Prime Day Deals
    Dismiss Notice

Silent Filter For 10 Gallon Betta

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by Amy Haas, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

Silent or just super quiet Betta 10 gallon tank filter suggestions. Thanks!

2. scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

3. Sheldon13Valued MemberMember

I really like the Aqueon 3 gallon internal filter. If a betta is all you have in the tank it would be sufficient. I like it because it is very low flow so the betta doesn’t get thrown around the tank.

4. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

thanks

5. imbaWell Known MemberMember

Sponge filters are best for a Betta as it doesnt create much flow. I use a acquaclear 20 on a 5.5g with a male Betta and on its lowest setting, the flow is not an issue for the betta

6. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

thanks
    Are these quiet for a bedroom?

7. imbaWell Known MemberMember

Mine doesnt make any noticeable noise. I have mine in the living room, next to my couch, where I watch tv If it was noisy I wouldve gotten rid of it.

8. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

thanks so much!

9. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

is this it?

Attached Files:

10. Sheldon13Valued MemberMember

I don’t know if that’s the one referred to, I just wanted to say the one you have pictured I have in my zooplankton tanks and I like it. It isn’t noisy, but you do hear the bubbles from the air pump.

11. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

Good to know. The 3 gallon Aqueon may be a fit for my purpose. One betta, 2 merited, planted tank. I dont usually like air pumps, they vibrate lol

12. CichlidudeWell Known MemberMember

I see you're not a fan of an air pump. Maybe a Marina S15 or S20 will work, less than $19 bucks. Silent, submerged pump so it is self priming, full flow control and large media basket.

Customer that filter here.

13. mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

I am running This on my 10 gallon tank. I run 2 of its big brothers on my 55 gallon tank. All 3 of them are completely silent. I wouldn't know they were running if I couldn't see the water flowing out of them. I have a smaller one in my Amazon cart right now for my 5.5 gallon tank. The flow can be turned way down for a Betta.

These filters are some of the least expensive on the market. They have plenty of room in them for media customization and have a knob on top to control the water flow. They self start after a power failure. They may make a bit of noise when restarting after I have turned them off during a big water change. Just pour some tank water in there until all the air is out and it is back to silent.

My oldest one has been in service this time for 3 1/2 years but was used for several years before that. The newest big one has been running like a champ for just over a year now. I just started using the small one last month so can't say how well it is going to hold up. I don't expect to have any problems with it though.

14. oldsalt777Well Known MemberMember

Hello Amy...

A small fish tank doesn't need a filter. You can combine pea sized gravel with small pieces of lava rock, which makes a neat looking tank bottom and use an air pump, plastic tubing and an air stone for quite a bit less than a filter and you never need to buy and replace the filter media. You just need to change out half the tank water every few days and feed the fish just a little every other day.

Old

15. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

I will check it out. Thanks

16. Amy HaasValued MemberMember

Thanks