Silent Filter For 10 Gallon Betta

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Silent or just super quiet Betta 10 gallon tank filter suggestions. Thanks!

goldface

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Check out the Dennerle Nano Corner Filter. A good shrimp filter makes a good betta filter as well, imo.

Sheldon13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I really like the Aqueon 3 gallon internal filter. If a betta is all you have in the tank it would be sufficient. I like it because it is very low flow so the betta doesn’t get thrown around the tank.

OP
Amy Haas

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sheldon13 said:
I really like the Aqueon 3 gallon internal filter. If a betta is all you have in the tank it would be sufficient. I like it because it is very low flow so the betta doesn’t get thrown around the tank.
thanks
Sheldon13 said:
scarface said:
Check out the Dennerle Nano Corner Filter. A good shrimp filter makes a good betta filter as well, imo.

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
Sponge filters are best for a Betta as it doesn't create much flow. I use a acquaclear 20 on a 5.5g with a male Betta and on its lowest setting, the flow is not an issue for the betta

OP
Amy Haas

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thanks
imba said:
Sponge filters are best for a Betta as it doesn't create much flow. I use a acquaclear 20 on a 5.5g with a male Betta and on its lowest setting, the flow is not an issue for the betta
Are these quiet for a bedroom?

imba

Well Known
Reaction score
Mine doesn't make any noticeable noise. I have mine in the living room, next to my couch, where I watch tv If it was noisy I wouldve gotten rid of it.

OP
Amy Haas

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
thanks so much!

Sheldon13

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don’t know if that’s the one referred to, I just wanted to say the one you have pictured I have in my zooplankton tanks and I like it. It isn’t noisy, but you do hear the bubbles from the air pump.

OP
Amy Haas

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sheldon13 said:
I don’t know if that’s the one referred to, I just wanted to say the one you have pictured I have in my zooplankton tanks and I like it. It isn’t noisy, but you do hear the bubbles from the air pump.
Good to know. The 3 gallon Aqueon may be a fit for my purpose. One betta, 2 merited, planted tank. I don't usually like air pumps, they vibrate lol

Cichlidude

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I see you're not a fan of an air pump. Maybe a Marina S15 or S20 will work, less than $19 bucks. Silent, submerged pump so it is self priming, full flow control and large media basket.

Customer that filter here.

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Closer to Heaven every day but for now-Arkansas
Experience
More than 10 years
I am running on my 10 gallon tank. I run 2 of its big brothers on my 55 gallon tank. All 3 of them are completely silent. I wouldn't know they were running if I couldn't see the water flowing out of them. I have a smaller one in my Amazon cart right now for my 5.5 gallon tank. The flow can be turned way down for a Betta.

These filters are some of the least expensive on the market. They have plenty of room in them for media customization and have a knob on top to control the water flow. They self start after a power failure. They may make a bit of noise when restarting after I have turned them off during a big water change. Just pour some tank water in there until all the air is out and it is back to silent.

My oldest one has been in service this time for 3 1/2 years but was used for several years before that. The newest big one has been running like a champ for just over a year now. I just started using the small one last month so can't say how well it is going to hold up. I don't expect to have any problems with it though.

oldsalt777

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Amy Haas said:
Silent or just super quiet Betta 10 gallon tank filter suggestions. Thanks!
Hello Amy...

A small fish tank doesn't need a filter. You can combine pea sized gravel with small pieces of lava rock, which makes a neat looking tank bottom and use an air pump, plastic tubing and an air stone for quite a bit less than a filter and you never need to buy and replace the filter media. You just need to change out half the tank water every few days and feed the fish just a little every other day.

Old

OP
Amy Haas

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cichlidude said:
I see you're not a fan of an air pump. Maybe a Marina S15 or S20 will work, less than $19 bucks. Silent, submerged pump so it is self priming, full flow control and large media basket.

Customer that filter here.

I will check it out. Thanks

OP
Amy Haas

Amy Haas

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
mattgirl said:
I am running on my 10 gallon tank. I run 2 of its big brothers on my 55 gallon tank. All 3 of them are completely silent. I wouldn't know they were running if I couldn't see the water flowing out of them. I have a smaller one in my Amazon cart right now for my 5.5 gallon tank. The flow can be turned way down for a Betta.

These filters are some of the least expensive on the market. They have plenty of room in them for media customization and have a knob on top to control the water flow. They self start after a power failure. They may make a bit of noise when restarting after I have turned them off during a big water change. Just pour some tank water in there until all the air is out and it is back to silent.

My oldest one has been in service this time for 3 1/2 years but was used for several years before that. The newest big one has been running like a champ for just over a year now. I just started using the small one last month so can't say how well it is going to hold up. I don't expect to have any problems with it though.
Thanks

New Threads