Silent Air Pumps

Bluebellie

I need suggestions for very very VERY silent air pumps.

used to have sponge filters but had to remove them because the air pumps were driving me crazy. I tried all sorts of things to make them silent. I watched some YouTube videos, placed them on top of towels, inside jars,etc, but nothing worked. I need to know if there is such a thing as a quiet air pump.

The bubbles don’t bother me, but any type of motor noise or vibrations I can hear, drive me crazy.

Currently, I’m running HOB filters, but there’s not enough surface agitation, and I want more.

coralbandit

Unless you have many tanks get yourself the smallest Alita [the A6].
It is not cheap but has more air then most need and is the quietest pump I have ever owned.
I have 2 much larger Alitas [A60 ] pumping my fish room and have people standing 3 feet from them and say where are your pumps>>
Yea that quiet ! Alita AL-6A Linear Air Pump
Another trick would be place pump in closet or basement .

kallililly1973

I use a couple different types of air pumps aquaculture from walmart and the dual outlet uniclife from amazon. I've found that hanging them from the eyelet on the body of the pump or from the ribbed part of the wire that goes into the pump will make them extremely silent. Even being on towels your not only hearing the motor noise but vibration is still getting through and traveling through the surface they are on.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Flyfisha
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
MacZ
Replies
Views