Signs Of Sickness/stress

Discussion in 'More Freshwater Aquarium Topics' started by ASHLEY R COOK, Apr 18, 2018.

1. ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOKWell Known MemberMember

As I approach closer to finishing my cycle I'm trying to learn as much as I can.
    What are common sicknesses and there symptoms?
    Are there any good links I could read?
    Also, what are signs of stress?

2. DutchAquariumWell Known MemberMember

signs of stress might include hiding, clamped fins, poor coloring. As for sicknesse's, ther'e are many out there and fish lore has some forums for you to look at.

3. Aegnis

AegnisValued MemberMember

The best thing you can do is watch your fish to understand their behavior and get familiar with their habits. Then, when you see those habits abruptly change, you can guess something is going wrong. But definitely keep an eye open for clamped fins (fins that loop stiff or closed), heavy gill action or heavy breathing, lethargy, fading colors, disinterest in food, disinterest in the tank, or any obvious physical issues like popeye, velvet covering, or ick.

Good job on doing the research and educating yourself!

4. OP
    OP
    ASHLEY R COOK

ASHLEY R COOKWell Known MemberMember

I couldn't find them. Can u point me in the right direction. I'm probably just overlooking it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice