*sigh*

1. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

So it seems it would not be the holidays without one of my babies deciding to get sick! Kefentse, my crowntail male, has decided to add to the stress of this time of year.

He seems to have a small (bigger than an ich) whiteish spot a little northeast of his left operculum. I can't really make out a fuzzy texture, so I'm not sure if it's a fungus. I've only just noticed it, so I dunno if it's gotten bigger or anything. It almost looks like flexibacter, but like I said it's hard to see the texture. It could also be velvet, I guess?

Weirder, he seems to have something else going on with his right operculum. At first it looked like a bigger patch of whatever is on the left, but upon closer inspection it looks like the normally black-blue scales have either been scraped off or are changing color.

I'll try to get pics asap, but my camera cord was left behind during my holiday move-out, so it may have to be with someone else's camera.

Any general advice?

2. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

Definately the basics, clean water, stress-coat, and garlic guard. It's hard to say what he did though, is it possible that he was flaring at something in his tank and banged himself on something?

3. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

It's definitely possible, gonna go with the stress coat, etc, and wait a couple days to see what happens.

There was a really awesome fish diagnostics site that I found online... the pics were kinda graphic, but they were really helpful in diagnosing things... it was like, put out by a medication company or something? If anyone has the link to it, I'd appreciate it.

4. Red1313 Fishlore VIP Member

5. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

No worries, I found it :)

6. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

I'm sorry your baby is worrying you.
    Is this the site you were looking for?
    JBL OnLine Hospital

7. hooxeii Well Known Member Member

Yes, that's exactly the one!

It doesn't really look like any of those things, so perhaps its just tank debris? Temeraire had one on him that stayed the same size forever, right up until he died. Pretty sure that's not what killed him though.

He's eating and being his adorable self still, so I'm not horribly worried. Stress coat and vigilance it is.

8. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Hooxeii. I hope he's going to be alright. Keep us posted!
    Ken

9. fishtroy Well Known Member Member

It gets like that doesn't it? I love the beautiful time when each and every one of my fish is 100%. I hope he feels better, it does sound a bit like he has collided with something.