Sierra Fish and Pets/Blue Sierra Exotic Fish and Supply

1. cwb141 Member Member

I always buy my fish from these two locations, especially after experiencing problems with fish from Petco and another LFS. They have really knowledgeable staff and care about the health and well-being of the fish (ask questions about your tank, whether it's cycled, etc.). I don't buy products from them that often because they are more expensive when comparable items are sold at Petco, Petsmart, online...

If you live in the Eastside (of Lake Washington, Seattle area) you should definitely stop by to check out their stores. Issaquah location is strictly fish and has more variety, while Bellevue store also sells AKC small breed puppies and is smaller overall.

Issaquah: http://www.bluesierraexotics.com/
    Bellevue: http://www.sierrafishandpets.net/index.htm

2. ATP Well Known Member Member

Probably like 2/5 fish I buy from petco will die lol.

Sierra do have a great collection of fish. I usually buy reef equipments from them if not online. For salty fish, I'll go somewhere else (they have a good selection though), but I'll go either here or pet world for fresh.

3. cwb141 Member Member

yeah, denny's is nice too. huge store. did you happen to catch their sale last week?

4. ATP Well Known Member Member

not blue sierra's unfortunately. Didn't have time.

5. cwb141 Member Member

Sierra had a sale the day after Thanksgiving but I had to work.

But you were able to make it to the DPW sale? I was there Friday night and bought the last 75 gallon tank. They said they had 10 in back and 2 on display and I got the 2nd of the two. There were so many people there. I'm not sure what the sales on fish were exactly, but I think it was 30% off salt and 50% off fresh.

6. ATP Well Known Member Member

Yeas it's something like that. I went there all so. I only go there at about lunch time though. About 1:25 the line for fish is short. Bought a bunch of plants there.

I'm going to Saltwater City sail this tuesday. It's only salty though. The people there is very honest and they know a lot of stuff. Only salty though. A good LFS to start a salty tank. You should go there and just ask around :)

7. cwb141 Member Member

Nice, my brother's friend is really into saltwater tanks. They have a few and just bought a 300 gallon tank.

8. ATP Well Known Member Member

wow 300.

I have a 125 gallon reef tank and hoping to upgrade to probably a 250 or 300 in three or four years.

I have a 65 gallon frag tank and myabe in a year a 30 gallon FOWLR in my room.