Side By Side 20g Multi Tanks

Dashists22

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I helped a friend clear out his late mothers home after she passed away unexpectedly. She was into fish keeping and as a result had 4 bags of Eco-Complete Chichlid Sand that he let me take, plus some various other fish/equipment that would be useful/compatible with my other tanks.

At home, I had 3-20 Gallon Long tanks laying around and decided to use two of them to create side by side Multi tanks.

The tank is going to be setup as a footboard in my bedroom.

I'm using a pair of sponge filers for filtration.

All I need now are some lights, heaters and shells.

Added the sand and water a yesterday to make sure all was good, it was cloudy at first, but I'm still a few weeks away from fish so I'm not concerned at all.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Any help would be appreciated as this is my first attempt at shell dwellers.

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would take the opportunity to get some really powerful lights to grow plants and keep them on a timer. you grow a carpet and do an amano style with two color types of shrimp in each tank

Dashists22

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
@Kasshan I'm not really looking to do shrimp in this tank. I'm a fan of shrimp, but I'm dead set on getting multis for this tank.

Kasshan

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
shellies; neolamp. multifasc.? its a shame not more people keep them. wonderful fish with fascinating behavior.

Dashists22

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
shellies; neolamp. multifasc.? its a shame not more people keep them. wonderful fish with fascinating behavior.
I've been fascinated by them for some time and I haven't been able to build a new tank in over a year, so it was time.

Really looking forward to watching them, I was planning on running a time lapse of the tank with my gopro when I introduce them, so I can see how much changes in 24 hours.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom