Sickly cory?

1. ScottR Member Member

My corys (black sail, some say, though no one's really sure) spend most of their time hiding out, so I rarely get a look at more than one or two at a time, and then only if I try to find them.

Today, though, one came out into the open, and it looked odd. Smaller than the others, and darker:
    cory1.jpg

Here's how one of the others looks:
    cory2.jpg

The first guy acts strangely, not as energetically as the others. What's going on?
    Parameters (NH3, nitrites, nitrates) are normal

2. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

What are you feeding Scott. First one is a leucomelas to me, second a different one (personally I think ambiacus).

3. ScottR Member Member

The corys get the remains of what the cardinal tetras don't get (Fluval tropical flake, periodic live black worms) as well as sinking pellets or wafers because the other guys are pretty good at intercepting the other food.

The thing is, I have 7 corys and they *all* used to look like #2. I've had them for several months; this one's coloring has darkened. See this thread, towards the end.

4. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

Think it's the wrong thread ???

What wafers / pellets ?

5. ScottR Member Member

It's the right thread (should be titled "Substitute For Sterna's Corys"). The first pic in post #43 is where I show their picture... not all of them together (hard to get them to pose) but that's what all used to look like.

Hikari Sinking wafers and Omega One Shrimp Pellets--alternating days, not both at once.

6. DoubleDutch Fishlore VIP Member

The link brings me to "filtration types"

7. ScottR Member Member

Weird; the link works for me. Here is the full, not-embedded, un-parsed link:

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/aquarium-stocking-questions/212550-substitute-sterbas-corys-2.html

8. ScottR Member Member

I isolated him in a hospital tank; he doesn't seem to be eating.