Sick Zebra Danio

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by cjdave, Apr 16, 2017.

1. cjdave

cjdave Valued Member Member

Hi . I have one my zebras not doing good . He is kinda jerking down head. Like he is chocking of something. Water tests great. All other zebras doing great. I had them for about 2 years now. Any ideas. Thanks David

2. APierce

APierce Well Known Member Member

It might be a swim bladder issue.

3. OP
    OP
    cjdave

Do I need to get in a quarantine tank? Is there any treatment? Thanks

4. APierce

I would put it in a qt tank and add some epsom salts to the tank, hold of on feeding him for a few days and see if that helps any. With zebras it's hard to pick out what is wrong with them when they act like that, is it doing anything else...like flicking off of things where its gills are or anything? Is there anything in the tank with it that could go after it and injure it? Could it be choking on something it shouldn't have eaten?

5. OP
    OP
    cjdave

Only zebras in the tank. That all get along good. I feed flake food. But there is sand in the bottom.

6. APierce

I think putting him in a qt tank by himself and not feeding him for a few days might help if it is a swim bladder issue from eating some sand he shouldn't have or even eating too much flakes.

7. OP
    OP
    cjdave

Thanks all for the fast replies. I will do that and keep a close eye on him. I well let everyone know the outcome. Thanks for the help. David

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice