Sick Zebra Danio

cjdave

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Hi . I have one my zebras not doing good . He is kinda jerking down head. Like he is chocking of something. Water tests great. All other zebras doing great. I had them for about 2 years now. Any ideas. Thanks David

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I would put it in a qt tank and add some epsom salts to the tank, hold of on feeding him for a few days and see if that helps any. With zebras it's hard to pick out what is wrong with them when they act like that, is it doing anything else...like flicking off of things where its gills are or anything? Is there anything in the tank with it that could go after it and injure it? Could it be choking on something it shouldn't have eaten?

cjdave

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Only zebras in the tank. That all get along good. I feed flake food. But there is sand in the bottom.

AWheeler

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I think putting him in a qt tank by himself and not feeding him for a few days might help if it is a swim bladder issue from eating some sand he shouldn't have or even eating too much flakes.

cjdave

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks all for the fast replies. I will do that and keep a close eye on him. I well let everyone know the outcome. Thanks for the help. David

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom