Sick Platy!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Bettaguy17, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Bettaguy17

Bettaguy17Valued MemberMember

My platy has lost a bit of weight, his dorsal fin, and eats vigourously when he gets the chance, he is always in a corner and just swimming there. I have another platy, and she is fine, and plump, what is wrong with the other one? Please helP! Thanks

2. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

without knowing tank size, cycled or not, date tank started, other fish in the tank etc, its hard to offer advice..can you fill in your aquarium information under my settings?

3. OP
    OP
    Bettaguy17

Shawnie, I am very sorry, but I have more than 3 tanks, and cant possibly fill in just 3, i might have questions for the others, but ill tell you: 10 Gallons, Yes,its cycled, September '08, other fish, silver dollars, platy, danios, neon/von rio/lamp eye tetra, Otto.

4. Shawnie

ShawnieFishlore LegendMember

I think ALLOT of us have more than 3 ;)
    whats the current water readings ? when did you add him?
    thats pretty stocked for a 10g and sounds like hes being bullied :(

5. OP
    OP
    Bettaguy17

6. GoGreen

GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

I agree with Shaunie, for that size of tank and the amount of fish you have in it, it sounds like someone is picking on him. Especially since you say he is still eating, but has missing finage and hangs around in a corner (trying to hide?) Many things can happen in your tank when you are not looking.....

7. OP
    OP
    Bettaguy17

Thanks for your help guys, he passed away round 5:30 today, with no tail..... Thanks though :(

8. GoGreen

GoGreenWell Known MemberMember

Oh no! I am so sorry that you lost him.:(