Sick Platy?

1. k

kst New Member Member

Hello,

I posted a while ago about the different behaviors of my 4 platy. The two that were acting shy and were bottom sitting stopped after a few days and everyone was normal for a while.

About three weeks ago, I would say, I introduced three male guppies and one (if not all) introduced columnaris to the tank. I treated with erythromycin as per the instructions on the box. None of the guppies made it but the platy survived. My black platy, however, has had clamped fins and sits on top of my sponge filter most of the day since then. He gets up to eat when it's feeding time and occasionally swims around a little but that's it. He hasn't gotten worse but he isn't getting better either.

My params are good-- 0/0/10 ammonia, nitrite, nitrate-- and all the other fish are acting normal. It's a 40 gallon breeder so they have plenty of room.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you!

2. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. OP
    OP
    k

kst New Member Member

Thanks! I hope I can get an answer...

4. OP
    OP
    k

kst New Member Member

Update: platy has still shown no signs of worsening but is also not improving. Sits most of the day.

5. Donnerjay

Donnerjay Well Known Member Member

Hello there and welcome to Fishlore!

Sorry your fish isn't doing well. Are you able to post a picture?

Also, what size tank is he in, and what other fish are there?

That information will help. Thanks!

6. R

Racing1113 Well Known Member Member

Hope your platy is doing better! Also just wanted to throw this out for future reference, erythromycin doesn't treat columnaris :)