Status
Not open for further replies.

Tman2902

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Evening,

Have a tiger barb who is not doing well.
Tanks parameters are everything is at zero except nitrates which are at 0.5.
I have a weekly 30% WC, and live plants.
School contains 8 tiger barbs.
I do not think this is from bullying. He looks thin and seems week. He continues to try and school, but his swimming is definitely not very strong due to his problem. Any help would be great, I am going to set up a 10 gallon QT.
imageimageimage
Disclaimer: He maybe a she...
Any help is much appreciated!

Additionally he has lost his appetite. Yet he comes to the top with the crew to feed. Just seems to chase the others and not eat anything.image

Last edited by a moderator:

musserump09

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I think its a female..males have red/orange faces. Is she the only one?

daveylowe

Reaction score
Hi I'm having the same problem. I've lost about 4 so far. Did u ever get any answers?

Manjit

Valued Member
Reaction score
Carefully examine your every tiger barb in torch light and then examine the sick one... Try to notice any difference in colour on its body or on gill cover... Is it shining more than others in torch light or less than other tiger barbs... Read about fish parasites and try to examine carefully...
might be some internal parasite...

Manjit

Valued Member
Reaction score
First be sure.... Medicating without proper daignosetic is not good.... Because tiger barbs are more prone to ICH and VELVET... Than parasites...

Manjit

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would say to return them ASAP... If its parasite...
if you cant then you can use API general cure and medicated food... They are available in many varities for worms, protozoans etc etc.... After this you have to disinfect your whole tank and change your filter media... Which means you have to start again with the cycle....
but i woule suggest to be 100% sure before treating... Even though you are 100% sure that its parasite... You cant be sure what kind is it...
so if you can just return them it will be much better... And dont buy fishes from there because chance are that their whole lot is infected....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

Dream Tank Type?

• Freshwater

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Saltwater

Votes: 10 35.7%

Top Bottom