Sick or injured fish

Michaelk22

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
In my 55 gallon I have a severum. Today I looked in and his upper lip is all torn up. I can’t take a picture right now but I will when I am home however I can’t tell if he was in a fight or if it’s fungus, either way are there any treatments if he is injured? He isn’t eating and his mouth stays open now

BEAM1080

Reaction score
tetraboi said:
In my 55 gallon I have a severum. Today I looked in and his upper lip is all torn up. I can’t take a picture right now but I will when I am home however I can’t tell if he was in a fight or if it’s fungus, either way are there any treatments if he is injured? He isn’t eating and his mouth stays open now
Get yourself a quarantine tank and treat it for everything. I have had fish do complete 180s after being down and out. You don't want to treat healthy fish and you don't want him to spread anything. It's worked in my experiences. Others haven't been as lucky. It's a roll of the dice. But I give every fish a fighting chance to survive. I don't give up on anyone. A have a zebra danio that's been in there upside down for 4 months. Tail got nipped. Still eats. Waiting for it to heal still. He won't ever give up. Everyone tells me to flush him. But he is still kicking. So I'll keep supporting his efforts. Nothing will make me happier than to return him to the community some day soon.

New Threads