Sick Molly

1. ELON MOLLUSK

ELON MOLLUSK Valued Member Member

9F539657-B387-4668-B3C1-1645C73D0359.jpeg I’m not quite sure what my Molly has but he has been antisocial as of late and swims kinda at a 45degree angle and then gets tired and just sits at the bottom of areas in the tank. Please help! My parameters are ok however I already planned on doing a water change today . Should I still follow through with a water change or will that put him over the stress edge?

2. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Water changes should never stress your fish.
    What size tank and stock do you have and what do you mean by ok parameters.

3. OP
    OP
    ELON MOLLUSK

ELON MOLLUSK Valued Member Member

I have him in a 55gal along with 2 other adult mollies , one other adult mosquito fish and a bunch of mosquito fry and Molly fry also a few nerites . He’s the only one acting bizarre as of right now. I just noticed he has long stringy poop that doesn’t seem to easily fall off .... could this be a parasite?

what I mean by water parameters are ok as in they are fine . I check them about every 3 days and there hasn’t been any fluncuation in months other than the nitrates being a lil higher with the extra fry in there.

4. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like that could be the cause. id treat the whole tank and see if he gets better.