sick molly

Discussion in 'Molly' started by Allie2011, Jun 30, 2016.

1. A

Allie2011 Valued Member Member

one of my mollies has a white spot on the top of her head i now it is not ich it is to big like 1/8 inch water is at 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 10 nitrate. Ive add a little salt to see if that helps. I know she is pregnant and do any day. i also cant take a pic because she is so light you cant see it. does anyone know what it is and how to treat it.

2. L

Landos Well Known Member Member

Can you post a picture?

3. tokiodreamy

tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

If you cant post a photo can you post a video? We need to see it in order to give more advice.

Is it fuzzy? Can you describe it better?

Also what size tank and how long have you had her? Any new additions to the tank recently? Anything change chemical or decor wise? When was your last water change and how much?

4. OP
    OP
    A

I had a little ammonia spike recently when i moved her and in my 10 breeding tank the is her and another one in there it kind of look like the scales they are fine from the front but when she turns at time they look white but only this little group on top of her head. it does not look cottony or even puffy. ive had her a little over a month now. i have been using prime instead of tetra water conditioner. picture and things do work since she is a of white color.

5. tokiodreamy

tokiodreamy Well Known Member Member

Could it be a reflection on her scales? My phantom tetras have some white reflections sometimes and it scares me half to death since at a quick glance it looks like ich but it's just light reflecting.

Any other symptoms?

6. OP
    OP
    A

no. might be i will maybe see what happend in diffrent light

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice