Sick Molly???

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by angelaboonstra01, Jul 28, 2015.

1. a

angelaboonstra01 New Member Member

I have 2 Black Mollies and about 15 or so guppies in a 55 gallon tank all tests came back normal so it's not water quality feed them varied diet but today I found my molly had a long white ribbon like poop.[​IMG]

2. CindiL

CindiL Fishlore Legend Member

Hello. Generally a sign of internal parasites. I use Hikari Prazi Pro liquid. It is very gentle, can be used for multiple rounds and won't hurt your biological filter. Just make sure to remove any carbon etc first.

You can treat the whole tank. It's a good maintenance medicine anyways as it treats flukes at the same time which is so common among fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to Fish Lore!!!! Nice to meet you, darling! :D

Agree with the above poster. ^^ Looks like an internal parasite.

4. E

Et tu Valued Member Member

From what I have read, for fresh water fish meds for internal parasites need to be taken internally . Please correct me if this is not true.

5. CindiL

Hi, Prazi Pro treats internal worms :)
    It works really well and must pass through the gills. I've used it for the same thing myself and within about 48 hours the white parasitic poop goes away.

Besides external flukes it treats tapeworms, flatworms and turbelarians.

6. a

aquaman86 Valued Member Member

Put that molly in QT if you have one and dose with meds

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

7. CindiL

I would actually dose the whole tank at this point because the molly is already in with everyone else.

8. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to fishlore!
    Agreed with CindiL.
    What are "all tests came back normal"? What were the exact results? And what test kit are you using?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice