Sick Lambchop Rasbora?

Newb21

Hi all. I’m looking for internet sleuths/doctors for one of my little guys.

I have 7 lamchop rasboras and have had them for a couple months. All have seemed to grow big and strong except one. We’ll call him Mr. Pushover. He got this name because he would roll over randomly even from the beginning. My fears of a swim bladder issue were assuaged when i learned rasboras incorporate rolling into courting or even social hierarchies sometimes. However, now he seems to roll more often, stays isolated and stationary more frequently, seems more translucent in color compared to his comrades, and also appears to open and close his mouth frequently.

I’ll attach some pictures for whatever good they may do. They’re iPhone live pictures so maybe you can hold the pictures and see his mouth moving open and closed. Thank you in advance for any diagnosis you may provide; I know it’s a long message.

Oh and it seems like he has a dead eye.

BigManAquatics

Do the other fish kind of push him out during feeding time?

Upvote 0

Newb21

Do the other fish kind of push him out during feeding time?
I don't think so. I've watched specifically a few times and he seems to have free rein

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Surface agitation? The mouth opening and closing makes me wonder if like a gasping for air?

Upvote 0

Newb21

Surface agitation? The mouth opening and closing makes me wonder if like a gasping for air?
Hmm I have a hang on the back filter that seems to do a decent job. Would he be the only one affected by such an affliction?

Upvote 0

BigManAquatics

Hmm I have a hang on the back filter that seems to do a decent job. Would he be the only one affected by such an affliction?
True....might not hurt to have an airstone all the ssme

Upvote 0

Newb21

True....might not hurt to have an airstone all the ssme
Good idea! Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to me :)

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
jz1300
Replies
Views
Fishstery
Replies
Views
endlercollector
Replies