Sick(?) Julii Cory

Stryphe89

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys. I found one of my cories on his side earlier. He's breathing, and is sometimes able to correct himself back to an upright position but is just sitting in one place on the substrate, and the few times he's tried to swim he just ended up spinning around until he settled back down on the ground. He does appear to have some red coloration around his gills and he's breathing a bit heavily, but all of my water parameters are good. All of my other fish are doing great. I did do a 25% water change, just in case. Any ideas of what could be wrong with him?

Attachments

Adrian Burke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If he is unable to right himself or control his altitude, it could be swim bladder issues. I dont know why he would be breathing heavy, I thought most cories breathe surface air. Maybe he cant dart up to the top? I dont know about julii corys but my albino corys need to get to the top around every 15 minutes.

Stryphe89

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He definitely wouldn't be able to dart up to the top right now. I only see the Julii's do it every now and then. If its swim bladder then how should I treat it?

Adrian Burke

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I would get a second opinion, im not too experienced but it sounds like that. I dont know the best way to ensure he gets air.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom