Sick Guppy? Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Louis036, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Louis036

Louis036New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    I am very much a beginner to freshwater aquariums. I have 6 cardinals and 4 guppies. I have had the guppies for a week now and one appears to be rather static in the corner. This has only happened today. He looks healthy enough and the others are fine. Any ideas on what may be the issue? Thanks

2. Hmm

HmmNew MemberMember

Ratings:
    +4
  3. OP
    OP
    Louis036

Louis036New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, is the tank54 litres. Nitrate 80, Nitrite 0.5, pH 7, CH 120, GH 180. Still trying to settle the levels following the new fish. Thanks

25 degress

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2019
  4. jdhef

jdhefModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +3,199
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Welcome to FishLore!

I see in your aquarium info that you are not aware of the nitrogen cycle (words should be link to article explaining it). I highly recommend that you read up on it and fully understand it, since it is the most important thing to understand when keeping fish.

It would appear t your fish is suffering the effects of being in an upcycled tank. I would recommend a 50% water change to get the nitrite and possibly ammonia levels down, then start working on getting the tank cycled ASAP.

After you read up on the cycle, you will probably have more questions, so feel free to ask away

Best of luck