Sick Guppy

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Bubbleguppy9382, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

Pregnant guppy hibreed endler I think.... she wont swim just chills in this floating plant and nips any fish that comes near her dosnt looked squared and just replaced with treated water any ideas?

She also shudders in place

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2019
  2. CrazycoryfishladyWell Known MemberMember

She looks quite bloated, if she is shuddering she may have an internal bacterial infection, I would skip feeding her today if you havent already, but youre right, shes not squared or ready to give birth yet.

If you want, you can try adding 1 capful of hydrogen peroxide per gallon to work as an anti bacterial agent that is very light and mild, if she doesn't improve within a day or two amd you are really worried, then I would suggest picking up methylene blue and doing light baths for her using tank water and 5-10 drops per gallon, for 10 minutes a day, you could do it twice a day if you want.

3. Bubbleguppy9382Valued MemberMember

Thank you, but shes sank and keeps sinking when she trys to swim sadly I believe shell be in fishy heaven soon :( breaks my heart brother gave her to me and the make he gave me died today to I got some kind of drops to level the nitrogins out all the other fish are acting alot better but her and the male I thin it was to late