Sick Guppy...White Mucus 29 Gallon Tank

1. StillLearning Initiate Member

Tonight, i came home to find my very pregnant female guppy, going back in circles...she isn't breathing heavily, but was just sitting by the top of the tank, and just letting the water kinda whisk her backwards. Also, coming from her gill on the left, looks like slimmy mucus....it's kinda trailing from it. *sigh*

My tank is 29 gallons, with her, another female guppy and a male guppy and a very pregnant platy. I don't have any test kit readings for you's yet (i will go to petsmart in the morning, as i completely forgot to get anything when i was having probs with my molly in her tank) (I always buy the kits and stuff like that from petsmart because it's much cheaper than the locally owned one) anything else though, comes from there.
    but it looks like she isn't going to make it. I have her in quarintine right now,because whatever is wrong with her, doesnt seem to be affecting the other's........yet!

So, if anyone could tell me what a whiteish/clearish mucus could be, it would be appreciated. No white spots on her body, or anything else visible to the eye, just the mucus... :;dk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

She died this morning before i even got a chance to get to the petstore...
    :'(

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

OH no!!!!! im sorry for your loss...rip lil girl!!
    without knowing your tank readings, its hard to help with some issues...so I hope you still get one to always be able to keep an eye on your tank ....api makes a liquid master kit that has everything you need and will do 100s of tests....dont bother with test strips as they are too unreliable....good luck with the rest of them!!!!!!

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:( I'm really sorry you lost her.