Sick Guppies (White Spot + Flashing)

bluemoscow

Tank: 10 gallon, planted, heated, & cycled.
Filter: Sponge filter
Temp: 78 degrees
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 0 ppm
pH: 7.6
However, these measurements may not be accurate as a ~20% WC was done this morning. I plan on re-measuring tomorrow and will update.
----------------------------------

Hello! I have a 10 gallon with 6 guppies - 3 males, 3 females, one male was suppose to be female but the breeder sent the wrong fish - and it is cycled and planted, there are also some shrimp (neos) and the usual pest snails.

The two trios arrived 9/30 and 10/1 and were both in great health. However, a few days ago (10/14?) I noticed that the largest female had a white mark on her. I thought she may have scrapped herself on a rock or some of the wood so I just did a WC and kept an eye on her. She was acting normal. It was still there a couple days later & one of the males had appeared to develop fin rot & began swimming in a somewhat vertical manner so I began treating with paraguard 10/17 and have dosed each day since that following the instructions. Unfortunately, they are all displaying signs of stress now (all huddled today but the sick girl is giving birth so I'm wondering if she's stressing everyone else out). The two ones have also been flashing against plants a little bit.

tempImageaIlyLj.jpg
tempImagedsR3dg.jpg

Male today, 10/19. Female 10/17, looks similar today.

Any idea of what is the matter? Should I keep up with the Paraguard? I'm tempted to stop or reduce treatment because of the stress. Would it be best to give these two a dip? This is the quarantine tank so I cannot isolate those two further unfortunately.

Thanks!

Rockymountainstream

The bloating could be from over feeding or internal parasite I don't really know. Hopefully some one has a better idea then me

Upvote 0

bluemoscow

The bloating could be from over feeding or internal parasite I don't really know. Hopefully some one has a better idea then me

Oh, she isn’t bloated. She was pregnant, she popped this evening so she’s skinnier now. Thanks though.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
miss.mikn
Replies
Views
Sarah1230ox
Replies
Views
BeanFish
Replies