Advertising

1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Sick Gourami, Maybe Columnaris? Help

1. R

Rowan Heneghan New Member Member

A few weeks ago I started a community tank with a neon dwarf gourami. I wasn't given the opportunity to examine him before taking him home, and I noticed he had a gash under his fin. I optimistically continued as normal, adding a bunch of salt- and then later learning that salt isn't great for the snails and catfish in the tank, and stopping- until this morning I noticed that some of the dull spots that I assumed were normal along his back have white fuzz on them. I'm worried its Columnaris- my water quality isn't great, I've been dealing with an ammonia spike from adding too many fish at once. i have him in a quarantine tank now, I added some stress coat, but I don't know what to do now! What should I treat him with? What should I treat my main tank, with otos, corys, neon tetras, and nerites, with?

2. j

jenag145 Valued Member Member

What’s your parameters? And do you see any other issues with Amy of the other fish in tank?

Do you have any pictures?!? That’s super important also. If you tried to upload a pic it didn’t upload it only shows a broken link

3. OP
    OP
    R

Rowan Heneghan New Member Member

.5, 0, 5, with a ph of about 7.5. I haven't noticed issues except one neon tetra that often hangs out in a pot decoration apart from the school

I did try to upload a pic, I can't seem to figure out how to do it properly... hes got a big red gash under his fin, and two grey spots, very small, with white fuzz growing out of them...

4. K

Keith83 Valued Member Member

I dont think it's columnaris if it's fuzzy. I had a Pearl Gourami that had it. The spots were smooth. Some kind of fungus possibly.

5. coralbandit

coralbandit Valued Member Member

Look into Dwarf Gourami Iridovirus..

Advertising