Hello all. I've had a rough couple of days. My goldfish Crackers got himself stuck in my water change tube and it sucked his right eyeball clean out . He was with 3 other goldfish in my 55 gallon tank and when it happened, he started thrashing about while bleeding. I was horrified and immediately began setting up my 20 gallon hospital tank. I put good water from my 55 into my 20 with readings of 0 ammonia 0 nitrite and 15 nitrate. On my 55 I have a large canister filter with coarse sponge, filter floss and bio media. I also have a HOB that only has coarse sponge. I put the HOB on the hospital tank and gave it a dose of Melafix and a little aquarium salt to help him heal. This was yesterday around noon. I went to work this morning and he seemed to be doing okay. I got home to check his water and it read 0 ammonia, 5 nitrite and 20 nitrate. This made me think that the coarse sponge didn't have enough bacteria in it. I did a 50% water change to get rid of the nitrite and dosed again with Melafix and Prime and ran to the store to get more bio media washed it and dumped that in the HOB to hopefully grow some more good bacteria. Now the poor guy is just sitting at the bottom of the hospital tank doing nothing... Am I doing everything I can? Am i doing anything i shouldn't be? Will my little guy be okay? He still hasn't moved since the water change.Anyone have any advice?