Sick For 5 Days - New Tank Died

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by BBKilbourne, Apr 21, 2017.

1. BBKilbourne

BBKilbourneNew MemberMember

Had the flu for five days... my husband said he was feeding both tanks. but the second tank which should have almost been finished cycling (with ghost shrimp and 3 apple snails) ... everything was dead when i made it down stairs this morning. The other tank looks fine... all the fish are swiming... all the snails are cruising... alll the shrimp are sifting through stuff... but i swear i want to cry over the other tank... i know i should just be gratful the fish stocked tank is ok but dang i am so dissapointed

2. Sarcasm Included

Sarcasm IncludedWell Known MemberMember

I am sorry for your loss
    In the future, unless you have fry I would just tell him to leave the tanks alone. Adult fish can go a couple weeks without food and the snails and shrimp are good at finding all the nuggets around the tank while you are ill.

3. Mom2some

Mom2someWell Known MemberMember

Ugh. Can you move the filter from the dead tank to the tank with fish to allow it to seed with beneficial bacteria & keep it cycling?

4. OP
    OP
    BBKilbourne

BBKilbourneNew MemberMember

I was just considering this... the other tank is a 10 gallon and this is a 29... was thinking about cramming the 29 filter pad into the back of the 10's filter

5. Fanatic

FanaticFishlore VIPMember

This reminds of when my betta had died. He was close to death, and then I caught a cold.

The snail I with him, had died durning my cold, and was unable to clean the tank. The toxicity of the snail encouraged his death, and brought it sooner.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice