Sick For 5 Days - New Tank Died

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBKilbourne

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Had the flu for five days... my husband said he was feeding both tanks. but the second tank which should have almost been finished cycling (with ghost shrimp and 3 apple snails) ... everything was dead when i made it down stairs this morning. The other tank looks fine... all the fish are swiming... all the snails are cruising... alll the shrimp are sifting through stuff... but i swear i want to cry over the other tank... i know i should just be gratful the fish stocked tank is ok but dang i am so dissapointed

Sarcasm Included

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I am sorry for your loss
In the future, unless you have fry I would just tell him to leave the tanks alone. Adult fish can go a couple weeks without food and the snails and shrimp are good at finding all the nuggets around the tank while you are ill.

BBKilbourne

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I was just considering this... the other tank is a 10 gallon and this is a 29... was thinking about cramming the 29 filter pad into the back of the 10's filter

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
This reminds of when my betta had died. He was close to death, and then I caught a cold.

The snail I with him, had died durning my cold, and was unable to clean the tank. The toxicity of the snail encouraged his death, and brought it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 43 64.2%

Top Bottom