Ph: 7.6
Ammonia:0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40
Established 2 years, nothing new.
60g tank
350gph filter total
(yes I removed my carbon)

Started off with my yo-yo loaches dying, and they also appeared to have this white thread looking thing n their fins.. We had a massive fish death (7), and finally thought we were on the upswing. Now I see one of my Tetra also exhibit in the same symptoms... What else can I do?

Treated previously wiyh melafix and pimafix... Current stock is: 5 white skirt tetras, 4 platys, 1 snail

Deep blue is the one with the white issue in skirt .And the platy is showing as well

Ph: 7.6
Ammonia:0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 40
Established 2 years, nothing new.
60g tank
350gph filter total
(yes I removed my carbon)

Started off with my yo-yo loaches dying, and they also appeared to have this white thread looking thing n their fins.. We had a massive fish death (7), and finally thought we were on the upswing. Now I see one of my Tetra also exhibit in the same symptoms... What else can I do?

Treated previously wiyh melafix and pimafix... Current stock is: 5 white skirt tetras, 4 platys, 1 snail

Deep blue is the one with the white issue in skirt .And the platy is showing as well

Attachments

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Quartine them and treat with Epsom salt

Looks like it might be ich treat with Epsom salt

DestinyTheresa

Reaction score
Iverg1 said:
Quartine them and treat with Epsom salt
Thanks, in wondering more so what's wrong with them? My quarantine is way too small and I think I'd rather treat the while tank now.

I can try that, but it doesn't look so much like crystals as it does...lack of better wording...thread like. I can't explain it well, it just didn't look like ick to me. But if you guys think so, I'll try that .I thought it was more fungal or something.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I don't think it's ich, but I also don't know what it might be. Don't use epsom salt, not sure how it's supposed to even help with ich as it's main uses for fish is the same as in humans, laxative and reduces swelling.

I try an all rounder med, like API general cure.

Iverg1

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Ok

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
**Threads merged**

Iverg1 said:
Looks like it might be ich treat with Epsom salt
Please be careful when giving information. This doesn't look like ich. Even if it was Epsom salt wouldn't help.

DestinyTheresa

Reaction score
Thankfully no more deaths and I gave API general last night, not seeing a huge difference..but, they're all alive and found around 30fry.
So I'm going to continue 25% changes every other day and slowly try to reintroduce my decorations once I'm confident no other fish are dying!

If anyone ever figures it out, please tell me! I've never seen this before!

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I could be way off, but maybe look at columnaris? Right now it somewhat resembles finrot, but I was under the impression that wasn't a fast killer. Columnaris resembles a fungus, but is actually bacterial, and can wipe out a tank very quickly, or moderately so, depending on the strain. If you believe it to be columnaris, kanaplex is a good treatment and has proven to be a relatively safe medication for me.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom