Sick fish

BornThisWayBettas

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yeah, I'd probably suggest changing that much of it, and then adding Prime when you replace the water. Do you know the pH of your tap? Make sure the temp of the water you're adding is pretty close to the temp of the water you're taking out, to avoid stressing the fish too much.

Valgal1480

Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate all the responses.

It looks like the ph of my tap water is 7.8.

I would say nitrates were closer to 80. I am replacing water now. I hope these guys make it. I know I am doing all that I can at this point in the game.

@. When should I use the stabilizer.

Last edited by a moderator:

happyfins14

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Thanks. I have been using this every time I change the water. I am going to go et one of those test kits today to try and see if I can get some actual numbers. View attachment 174396

Thank you all for the help!
I use stress coat too but only if my fish have rips in their fins or something I recommend using an additional conditioner too

View attachment 174398

Same fish today.
I use stress coat too but with another conditioner because I think stress coat just helps with sick fish which in your case you need but I recommend using an additional conditioner

Valgal1480

Reaction score
Thank you! I used some prime when I changed the tank water today. Is that a acceptable additional water conditioner?

I appreciate the advice!

Valgal1480

Reaction score
What should I do in the coming days? Should I keep testing water, cycling it based off of results and priming it? Thanks

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom