Sick fish

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by jenema, Jul 19, 2015.

1. j

jenema Valued Member Member

So I just turned on my lights and noticed that I have a missing harlequin rasbora and a few that have what looks to be a fungus. Their fins are clamped but other than that they are acting normal. I took the best picture I could get of these fast little guys. Does anyone know exactly what this is and the best way to treat it? Also where it could have come from so I can avoid this happening again.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

What are your water parameters?

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP
    j

Here is the info on the tank.
    The tank is 2 months old, it was cycled with old media. Ammonia and nitrite are 0, nitrate 10. I have been slowly stocking with plants and fish the last few weeks but they have been quarantined first. It currently has an angelfish, 7 harlequin rasbora (had 8 ), a basis badis, a Bolivian ram, and three ghost shrimp. I do have a diatom outbreak.

4. Anders247

Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

Do you mean the white thing on the fin?

5. OP
    OP
    j

Yes all of its fins have that while stuff. This fish was the worst of them all.

6. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

It's possibly fungus, couldn't be ich because then I think it would be white spots all over the body, not just the fin.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Have seen this more often and it alwayt appeared to be fungus. Anti-fungal med + waterchanges (after completing the threatment) must do the job.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice